My name is Candace Barnes and I am so excited to be apart of the Lamar Elementary School Family! As your School Counselor, I am here to help ALL students be successful socially, emotionally, and behaviorally so they may access their
education without barriers.
Here’s what I do at our school:
• Classroom Lessons - I visit all grades to teach social-emotional skills such as feelings, communication, problem solving,
diversity, respect, ect.
• Small Group Counseling - I facilitate small groups for students who need a little extra support in a certain area.
• Individual Counseling - I meet with students short-term to work through problems affecting them at school.
• Consultation with Staff/Parents - I am available to meet/talk with teachers and parents to help support students and provide resources and education about issues affecting children.
Here’s what you should know about me:
• I am ONE part of the team that works to help your child succeed.
• I like to get to know ALL students so they may feel connected and safe while they’re with us.
• I respect your right and your child’s right to privacy. Confidentiality is a big part of my job.
• I love it when parents reach out to me for questions, concerns, and to share positive things about your child.
• I love the work that I do and feel very passionate about helping children become respectful, resourceful and responsible citizens!
Cocoa & Cookies with the Counselor
Who: Parents & Guardians
What: Learn about the counseling program
and how to be a digitally safe parent
Where: Room 105, 4th & 5th hallway
When: Tuesday, October 17th from
And yes...there will be cocoa and cookies
Referrals for NBISD's Gifted and Talented Services will be available in the school front office from November 1-17th. All referrals must be received in the school office by the close of the school day on November 17,2017.
Red Ribbon Week 2017
“Your future is key so stay drug free!”
*Monday, October 23rd -“We’re REaDy for Red Ribbon Week”
*Tuesday, October 24th -“Put a Cap on Drugs”
Wear your favorite hat.
*Wednesday, October 25th -“UNITY DAY”
When we all stand together, no one stands alone!”
Wear orange as we stand united.
*Thursday, October 26th -“Be on a Drug Free Team”
Wear your favorite sports team gear and team up with healthy people who are drug free.
*Friday, October 27th - “It’s SUPER to be Drug Free!”
Wear your favorite super hero costume.
*Monday, October 30th-“Being Healthy is no Sweat!”
Wear your sweatpants and workout clothes. Walk a lap on the track!
*Tuesday, October 31st -“Don’t be tricked....drugs are no treat!”
Wear your favorite book character costume!
Home | Sitemap | Contact Us | Translate | Nondisclosure Notice | Required Postings
NBISD Mission Statement: New Braunfels ISD provides an environment where all students are
engaged and empowered to become self-reliant learners in a constantly changing world.
Copyright © 2016 - New Braunfels ISD
powered by ezTaskTitanium TM